Welcome to wiki-translation, a community dedicated to discussing the impact of the wiki phenomenon on the world of translation. This is a place where people interested in translation using a massively collaborative wiki paradigm can exchange best practices and tools, and discuss how to improve them.
Information about this community
- FAQ: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about this site and community, including the list of People who are interested and our editing policy.
- How to join
- AMTA 2010 workshop on Collaborative Translation and Crowdsourcing - Denver, Colorado, Oct 31st, 2010.
- Call for Participation - Babel Wiki Workshop '08: Cross-Language Collaboration - Porto, in September, during the Wiki Symposium.
- How will massive online collaboration impact the world of translation: A long list of questions related to our theme. Please contribute your thoughts.
- Relevant sites and resources: A list of web sites and resources relevant to this community. Please add to it.
Projects hosted here
- Cross Lingual Wiki Engine Project: A project that aims at extending wiki engines (TikiWiki, TWiki, MediaWiki) to include better support for collaborative translation of wiki content. See below for a video of a presentation made by Alain Désilets at CodeFest Php Quebec 2.0 - Jan 6 2008. You might also want to download the Slides so you can follow better.
Flash player not available.
- Admin Todos: A todo list for adminstrators of this site
- recent changes to the wiki
- How can I get in my email the forum messages?
- Glossary - useful terms for discussing wiki translation.